University/College Resources

Please Note: All resource information has been confirmed by Butte-Glenn 2-1-1 Staff. However, resource information is subject to change based on the availability, capacity, and discretion of the resource provider. Please consider checking in with providers ahead of time to ensure availability of services.

California State University ChicoThe Wildcat Food Pantry- **COVID-19 Update- The Wildcat food pantry is open and offering grab-and-go bags Monday-Friday from 9:30am-12:30pm (and by appointment). If you are a student, alumni, faculty, or staff who needs food before or after available hours, call 530-898-4098 or 530-898-4097 to schedule an appointment to pick up food. Offering food support or basic needs assistance to Chico State students, alumni, faculty, and staff with a Wildcat ID card.  Available to currently enrolled Chico State students, alumni, faculty, staff and their families. Must show Wildcat ID card during first visit. For all visits after their first, individuals may show their Wildcat ID or provide student or staff ID number to receive service. Open Monday-Friday from 9:30am-12:30pm and by appointment. Students, alumni, faculty, and staff are encouraged to stop by SSC 196 (on Chico State Campus)  if they need food support or any basic needs assistance. Please Note: The Hungry Wildcat Food Pantry will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 23 – Jan. 3rd. It will re-open Jan. 4 and be open during the winter session.

The Roadrunner Rise: Camp Fire Emergency Assistance Grant- Butte College- Providing assistance to qualifying students who were directly or indirectly affected by the 2018 Camp Fire. The grant can cover tuition/fees, school materials, transportation, housing, utilities, food and/or child care assistance. Eligibility requirements include the following:

  • Be a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Submit the 19-20 and/or 20-21 FAFSA Application.
  • Be currently enrolled at Butte College.
  • Provide documentation that outlines damages or losses caused by the 2018 Camp Fire. (This includes FEMA, Insurance Claim, Red Cross, Cal Fire and/or Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) Documentation. Other documentation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you aren’t sure what documentation to submit, please email a Case Manager at

Individuals may be required to provide additional documentation that shows the applicant resided in a 2018 Camp Fire affected area of Butte County.  Students interested in applying for the Camp Fire Emergency Grant must submit an application and attach all requested information and supporting documentation. Once a student submits an application, they will receive an email confirmation. Within seven business days, a Case Manager will review their application and reach out.