Please Note: All resource information has been confirmed by Butte-Glenn 2-1-1 Staff. However, resource information is subject to change based on the availability, capacity, and discretion of the resource provider. Please consider checking in with providers ahead of time to ensure availability of services.
Trip Planning on the B-Line: Call 2-1-1 for live help planning your trip on the B-Line bus.
B-Line Transit- COVID-19 Update on Bus Services- In response to confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Butte County, an abundance of caution is needed to help slow the spread of this virus. Effective immediately, the BCAG office will be closed to the public and will be available by appointment only. The bus system is considered “critical infrastructure” and will remain open to the public until further notice for the fixed route and complimentary door-to-door paratransit service for those eligible. Paratransit applications will continue to be processed during this time. Efforts to sanitize the buses and paratransit vehicles daily will continue and B-Line staff will encourage everyone to follow the CDC’s guidelines for staying safe and flattening the curve of this virus. Guidelines for California here: www.covid19.ca.gov . You will still be able to purchase bus passes over the phone, through the mail using an order form from the website, or in person at the Chico Transit Center from 7:30am-5:30pm.B-Line customer service is still available at (530) 342-0221 or 1-800-822-8145 8:00 am-5:00 pm M-F. BCAG is available by phone at (530) 809-4616, option 1. Please leave a message if you reach the voicemail. Public office hours will resume as soon as the circumstances and protocol guidelines allow. Online: www.blinetransit.com
By Phone: B-Line customer service is still available at (530) 342-0221 or 1-800-822-8145, M-F: 8:00 am-5:00 pm Facebook: www.facebook.com/blinetransit/
B-Line Revised Schedule in Effect April 27th- Due to continuing factors from the coronavirus we have once again modified the B-Line fixed route schedule. This revision basically restores the full regular schedule with just a few changes. For most routes you can refer to the regular published schedule (dated Sept. 1, 2019). Only routes that have changes from that schedule will be showed in this revision. Please call dispatch at 530-342-0221 to confirm available bus routes, check in with their website here: blinetransit.com or with their Facebook page here: Facebook.com/blinetransit
- Route 5 will no longer provide half-hour headways during peak time. It will run hourly headways throughout the entire day.
- Route 52 will no longer operate a noon time loop or the 5:50 p.m. trip from Chico to Oroville. (note: passengers can take the 6:10 p.m. Route 20 to Oroville).
- Student Shuttle Routes (8 & 9), do not operate when Chico State is on break, so at this time they are not running and are scheduled to resume service when the Fall Semester begins on Aug 24. Route 9c will operate during this time.
B Line Fare Information- (Please note prices have increased as of 09/01)
|CASH||Local Service||Regional Service|
|Child (under 6)||2 free||2 free|
ALL DAY PASS – For $5.00 an All Day Pass can be purchased directly from the driver for unlimited access to the entire system for the day. Be sure to tell the driver you want an All Day Pass BEFORE putting your money in the farebox.
UPGRADE from LOCAL TO REGIONAL FARE
If you have a LOCAL ticket, pass, or transfer, it can be upgraded to a REGIONAL fare just by paying the difference. Regular is $0.65 Youth is $0.50; and Discount it is $0.35.
- *Discount fares apply to seniors (age 65+), disabled and those with a valid medicare card.
- Children under 6 must be accompanied by an adult.
Paratransit and Dial-a-Ride– New prices as of September 1, 2019.
- One way trip in ADA Paratransit service area: $3.50
- Same Day Service Request: $5.25
- Supplemental Service Zone 1: $8.75
- Supplemental Service Zone 2: $10.75
- Supplemental Service Zone 3: $12.75
B-line Paratransit- B-Line Paratransit is a shared ride service designed to meet the needs of seniors and persons with qualifying disabilities who are unable to use the B-Line fixed route services. For all reservations and cancellations call: (530) 342-0221. B-Line offers two types of paratransit services, ADA Paratransit and Dial-A-Ride:
ADA Paratransit– Provides curb-to-curb transportation service in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). This service is available for individuals who, because of a physical or mental disability, are unable to use regular, Fixed Route bus service in Butte County. The purpose of the application is to provide an opportunity to describe how a disability prevents you from riding the B-Line Fixed Route bus system, and in doing so apply for B-Line ADA Paratransit. Please note age, distance from a bus stop or inability to drive are conditions which are not taken into consideration in making an eligibility determination.
Individuals who cannot utilize the fixed route system must receive Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) certification to utilize this service. This certification ensures trips are given priority status.
- Application for B-Line ADA Paratransit can be found here: http://bit.ly/2KSCBzI
- Passes can be purchased at Downtown Chico Transit Center, City of Oroville, Butte County Public Works and the Town of Paradise.
- B-line Paratransit Mapper and fee estimator can be found here:https://bcagmapper.org/paratransit/
- To purchase via mail order, use the form here:http://bit.ly/2Xu0tR3. Must include a check for payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Please note that if you are traveling in one of the supplemental zones, value cards or cash are the only accepted forms of payment. Map of supplemental zones can be found here:http://www.blinetransit.com/Paratransit/Paratransit-Service-Area/index.html
Dial-a-Ride– Dial-a-Ride service is provided only to those riders who are age 70 or older. Current riders who are between the ages of 65-70 will be able to continue to use the service, and will be grandfathered in until they reach the age of 70. Current riders who are under the age of 65 will continue to use the service until their next renewal period. At that time, if they wish to continue using the Paratransit service, they must be eligible for, and apply under the ADA process. Dial-a-Ride trips will not be given priority status should individuals with ADA certification need the service.
B-Line Tracker: Providing bus arrival times via text message. Text your bus stop ID code to 27299 and bus arrival information will be sent to your phone. Bus Stop ID codes are located on a red sticker at the bottom of each bus stop. Standard text messaging fees may apply. You can also view and download a complete list of bus stops online at http://www.blinetransit.com/Rider-Tools/B-Line-Tracker/.
Medi-Cal Covered Patient Transportation- please call 2-1-1 for information about Medi-Cal eligible transportation for medical care.
BCOE School Ties – Families with displaced students in need of transportation assistance can contact school ties for possible transportation arrangement. Website: www.bcoe.org/homeless-and-foster-youth
Paradise Unified School District Transportation Office- For information about transportation/bus programs offered by the Paradise Unified School District, please reach out to the Transportation Office. Regular business hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am- 3:00 pm (closed for lunch from 11:30 am- 12:30 pm). Phone: 530-891-3511 Temporary Address: 2455 Carmichael Drive, Chico